Saturday, March 31, 2007

The New Type of Vending Machine

Starbucks is working with Pepsi to take over the coffee industry. Starbucks plans to expand their coffee offerings to the world through the use of vending machines. These machines will be located in places where full-sized stores aren’t practical. I am not sure exactly where this might be, because I have seen various Starbucks brewing coffee on the same street.

For years now, the company has been selling cold beverages in gas stations and grocery stores, but these vending machines will be selling something different. Hot coffees, lattes and hot chocolate will be sold for the same prices as they cost in stores (around $4). Testing for these vending machines will begin this summer. Full distribution is expected to be completed by wintertime.

Personally, I am not huge fan of Starbucks’ coffee. I think that the coffee is overpriced, and it is way to strong. I wish our society wasn’t so coffee driven, and people could be fortunate enough to taste a better coffee than Starbucks. I guess we will have to wait until the summer to see if this new public relations campaign will succeed; however, promoting a hot drink during the summer isn’t the best idea. Good luck Starbucks!!!

No comments: